What is Suminagashi? Why am I obsessed?
Suminagashi is an Ancient Japanese Art form dating back to the 12th century using floating ink and dying paper. As many of you know I’m obsessed with Japan and it’s culture. I was getting a little bored with the illustrations so I decided to change it up and start working on Suminagashi prints with a twist. I will be eventually doing my illustrations on top of the Suminagashi prints.
If you would like to buy one of my prints either contact me here or on Instagram. If you are located in Portland you can find 2 of my prints for purchase in Botanica in SE.
If you still are interested in the Art Subscription boxes here are the links in the order I would recommend:
Pens (Brand- Item)
- Sakura- Micron (Sizes 1, 08, 02, 005)
- ITOYA- Calligraphy dual tip
- Prismacolor- B tip
Pencils and Eraser
- Sakura- Sumo Grip
- Pentel- Graphic Gear 500
- Mono Knock 3.8 Eraser
- Miranda Black Warrior 2HB
Inks and Watercolor
- Higgins- Black India Ink ( also known as Black Magic)
- Yasutomo- Sumi Ink
- Sakura- Koi Watercolor
Brush and Cups
- Princeton Arts and Brush Co.- #4 Liner
- Richeson- Plastic Water cup ITEM #400203
Welcome to my site, I’ve officially quit my job. I am pursuing my dream of illustrating and will be working on a few outlets. Which will include:
- Commissioned Pieces
- Freelance Illustration Project
- Monthly Zine
- Shop: Illustrated Products and Original Pieces
I hope you all come with me on my wild toad ride to personal freedom to live fulfilled.